Hello yummy chicken! This week’s recipe is for a delicious curried chicken.
Our all in one hit wonder Ami Ami Spice is key in the seasoning and making of this wonderfully tasty chicken curry. Let’s talk a little more about our famous Ami Ami Spice, which is really our signature spice mix.
Ami Ami is a delectable blend of 23 premium spices including items like clove, fenugreek, oregano, bay leaf and mustard seed. One of the key ingredients is turmeric (curcuma longa). This is commonly called red ginger and is called, gangamau in Hausa. The root is used dry for spice, mainly in curries such as this one. Turmeric is also used as a dye, for cosmetics (eye make up) and as a medicine. For example it is used for vermifuge, as a jaundice treatment, as an eyewash and as an ointment for skin diseases.
Order yours here: https://africanplate.co.uk/product/ami-ami-spice/
1 Chicken (cut into pieces)
90ml Vegetable oil
3 scotch bonnets
25g Curry powder
400ml Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon African Plate Ami Ami Spice
10g African Plate Crayfish (ground)
- Cover the chicken in coconut milk and water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Fry the finely chopped onion until soft. Add the curry powder and Ami Ami Spice and fry for 1 minute and then add to the chicken.
- Blend the tomatoes and scotch bonnet and add them to the boiling chicken.
- Boil uncovered for a further 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with 3 tablespoons full of the chicken broth until you have a smooth paste. Add this and the crayfish to the chicken and boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.